Tuesday 26 October 2010

Once a........


We hate him so much because we loved him so much, and he had every little Evertonian's dream in the palm of his hand.

Manchester Utd fans who are upset about Wayne Rooney wanting to leave now know exactly how we felt five years ago. His dramatic u-turn was laughable and to say he's worried about bringing in more better players than getting a 120% pay rise is a smack in the mouth to any football fan up and down the country.

 Ever since he walked out Everton FC five years ago, he was history in my eyes.

Dixie Dean was offered time and time again the chance to leave, but did he? No, because he loved Everton. I hated Wayne Rooney the minute Everton offered him the opportunity to be the highest earner in the club's HISTORY, and he turned it down. He hasn't cared less about what has happened to Everton since, and only for David Moyes - who knows ?

For him being supposedly the massive Evertonian he is, all the money in the world wouldn’t have stopped me leaving my Everton.

I'd give my right arm to play for that football club. I've often wondered what he thinks when he hears "we hate Scousers " every week.
Yes, he's a fantastic footballer, but so what ? Give me Tim Cahill every single week. He's been offered better contracts elsewhere, but choose to stay at Everton because he knows about what kind of lifestyle Everton Fc have gave him. Tim Cahill is 100% more an Evertonian legend than Rooney could ever hope to be, and will ever be.

If you honestly think Wayne Rooney loves Everton that much, then why did he leave in the first place on deadline day when Moyes' hands were tied ? Why doesn’t he celebrate with his Manchester Utd team mates instead of running the bottom end of the old Trafford pitch just to have a go at us ? Rooney might have been brought up like some of us, and he would be doing exactly the same thing giving an ex Everton player stick if they left at 19 to join Man Utd.

If it wasn’t for footballing scout and gentleman Bob Pendleton, the lad could possibly be doing what some teenagers are up to in this society, and not once has he acknowledged Bob since his fame.

Rooney's forgotten about in my eyes, we've moved on to better things since then, and are much better off without him.
Any Evertonian who would like to see Wayne Rooney back in a royle blue shirt needs to have a long hard look at themselves.

Hand on heart I can honestly say I would still be an Everton player if I was in his boots.

What's money ? - he and future generations of his family were already set for life when Everton offered him £50,000 a week.

What's trophies ? - just winning one premier league match with Everton would mean more to me than winning the European Cup with utd.

Imagine in 50 years time how proud your grandchildren will be around Goodison still talking about you. "That's my granddad that", - the Legend status that you set. Can you honestly imagine Man utd fans still talking about him in 100 years time ? He'll just be some lad from Liverpool who played for them.

He could have been an absolute Legend at Everton adored by Evertonians of every generation. I'm 27 now but when I was 19, the way I was brought up I can tell you it would take a lot more than bad advice from my agent to get me to ever leave the club I have loved all my life. And I would so easily of loved to been held in the same breath as Dixie Dean, Alan Ball, Brian Labone etc.
Never ever forget !

From
An Evertonian with a heart

2 comments:

  1. "Manchester Utd fans who are upset about Wayne Rooney wanting to leave now know exactly how we felt five years ago."

    Not quite, he has never been and never will be one of them, like he was coming through at Everton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article, you've written what I've always thought.

    ReplyDelete